If you are a marketer or business owner, you may be looking for effective ways on how to drive traffic to your website. Driving traffic can be challenging especially for beginners. When technical jargon is involved, it’s easy to get lost and give up. However, this article will discuss different techniques to effectively drive traffic into your website without getting too technical.
While this will not cover every technique there is, this should give you a good start in attracting visitors into your website.
Create Meaningful Content
Since the birth of search engines, content is considered “king”. Creating meaningful content is by far the heart of search engine optimization (SEO). In this technique, you want to create content that will attract the right audience into your website.
To do this, you should first know your target audience. In creating relevant content, keep in mind the following tips:
- Know your ideal customer profile: Determine the profile of people who might be interested in your brand, product, or services. Knowing their age, gender, income level, and location are essential.
- Perform keyword research: Learn what keywords interest your target audience. You can then use these keywords into your content naturally. There are tools you can use to create great content and drive traffic to your website. For example, you can use SEMrush, Moz, or Ahrefs for your keyword research.
- Make your content unique: Write useful content that will answer your audience’s questions. Choose an interesting angle that will make your content stand out. Use SEO best practices in making your content.
- Promote your content: After posting your content on your website’s blog, you don’t just stop there and wait. You must promote your blog post to generate traffic. Share your latest blog post on social media to let your audience know what’s new.
- Create new content regularly: Regularly updating your blog lets your audience come back for more, driving even more traffic into your website.
Write Guest Posts
Guest posting is when you write content under your name and another blogger publishes it. Writing guest posts allows you to speak to another blogger’s followers. It’s a great way to get exposure to a large audience and grow your own.
In guest posting, here are some things to remember:
- Find relevant blogs: First, look for relevant websites that accept guest posts. Choose high-quality blogs and check their guest posting guidelines. Your audience may not be the same, but their interests should overlap.
- Write for their followers: Just like when writing for your blog, ensure that your content will provide value to their readers. Aim to provide solutions to their problems and needs.
- Support their brand: An excellent guest post aligns the author’s brand to the publisher’s brand. Your content should fit the publisher’s tone and help support their message to the audience.
- Follow their format: Keep in mind their posting guidelines when writing a guest post. If they want content with a maximum of 750 words, don’t submit one with 1,000 words. They may also have rules about including internal links, so you should also take note of that.
- Create actionable content: Ensure that the readers will get practical value from your post. Whether it’s about writing their first business email or sewing a potholder, make your post memorable and doable.
- Avoid advertorial content: Remember that making a guest post is not about you. You’re there to educate their audience and make them interested in you so that they want to learn more from you and go to your website.
- Don’t forget your byline: Take your time in creating a perfect byline that will best describe you and how the audience can find and connect with you. If allowed, add an appropriate photo.
- Add a landing page: Instead of leading the audience into your homepage, consider leading them to a landing page with a relevant offer, which could be a free book or related tutorial in exchange for a newsletter subscription.
- Add internal SEO links: Internal links will connect the content to your website and let search engines learn about the site’s structure.
Be Active on Social Media
One useful tip on how to drive traffic to your website is to have active social media pages. Some ways you can leverage social media are the following:
- Share content such as videos, infographics, blogs, or e-books.
- Interact with your followers and audience by replying to comments or sharing their content.
- Use relevant hashtags.
- Tag interested influencers who might be interested in the content.
- Promote new content.
Work With Influencers
Word of mouth is an effective way to entice people to buy — but how do you build word of mouth? First, you want quality products or services that will make your customers happy. Then, consider working with influencers.
Incorporating influencer marketing strategy is an affordable way to drive traffic into your website. Consider sending free samples of your product or service to influencers. They can post reviews, discount codes, or links to their audience to lead traffic to your site.
Advertising is another way to attract visitors, establish your brand, and drive traffic to your website. You can try paid display ads, social media and search advertising. Each one has its pros and cons, so it’s crucial that you set your goals and budgets before investing a lot into it.
For example, you can begin with one pay-per-click or PPC ad and other ad groups that involve keywords you want to focus on most. Observe how the audiences react with different keywords. Maybe one of the keywords didn’t improve website traffic while others not only led to traffic but resulted in conversions or sales as well.
Improve Website Traffic Today
It’s also helpful to learn how users arrive at your website. Google Analytics, for example, allows you to determine from what sources your traffic comes from. If you’re wondering which reports indicate how traffic arrived at a website, the All Traffics report should give you that. It will let you analyze your traffic sources and determine which needs more focus.
You can also work with a digital marketing agency like us at Create by Influence! This way, you don’t have to worry about how to drive traffic into your website since we can help you do this and more. We have the tools to help you create brand awareness, improve sales, engage customers, and establish customer loyalty. Want to learn more? Visit our website, Instagram, or Facebook!